Sporting School Sport & PE Training Courses
Elite Training Academy is offering a Physical Education and School Sport (PESS) combined with a Work Skills qualification to equip learners with the knowledge and understanding required to work in a sports or school setting. This qualification does not require any formal qualifications. However, a love of sport, physical activity and football is needed.
The qualification aims to provide you with an introduction to a number of roles through an engagement with physical education and school sport (PESS). These roles include teaching, activity leadership and coaching for young people.
What You’ll Learn >
The qualification is composed of nine mandatory units. During your achievement of the qualification you will complete the following learning outcomes:
- Be able to understand key legislation related to physical education and school sport.
- Be able to understand and apply the principles of teaching physical education and coaching school sport.
- Be able to understand the principles of safe practice in physical education and school sport.
- Be able to understand the principles of child development through movement.
- Be able to promote lifelong health and well-being.
- Be able to understand the principles of inclusion in physical education and school sport.
- Prepare for physical education and school spot activities.
- Be able to lead physical education and school sport activities.
- Be able to conclude and review physical education and school sport activities.
Also Provides >
- A basis on which to make informed choices about an appropriate career in PESS
- An opportunity to develop an understanding of supporting learning in PESS
- An opportunity to develop PESS knowledge and skills that can be applied to different educational and school sport-related settings, such as coaching
- An introduction to a career as a physical education teacher
- An introduction to other opportunities to work as a PESS professional (e.g. a higher level teaching assistant [HLTA], teaching assistant [TA], coach, sports development officer, volunteer or leader).
Possible Career Opportunities >
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teaching Assistant (TA)
- Sports Development Officer
- Sports coach, volunteer or leader