End Point Assessment Qualification
Who Is This Qualification For?
This qualification has been designed to support those who plan to assess apprentices undertaking end-point assessments (EPAs).
It will provide specific knowledge and skills for those who already have sector competence within the areas of approved apprenticeship standards, but would like to gain a more specialised understanding of EPA processes and practices.
It will support them to understand and use EPA principles and practices to assess an apprentice against an apprenticeship standard.
What Does This Qualification Cover?
The qualification covers assessment methods that are used in the majority of assessment plans for approved apprenticeship standards.
This comprises knowledge tests, professional discussions, practical observations and work projects.
It has been designed to support assessors in understanding the different types of EPA and the role of the EPA assessor. It will enable them to apply
new EPA methodologies while making the distinction between end-point and ongoing assessment, and covers learning outcomes and assessment criteria that focus on EPA grading and quality assurance processes.
Who Can Take This Qualification?
To register for this qualification, learners must meet the following
Be 18 Years Of Age Or Above
Have literacy and numeracy skills at level 2
Proven experience in the sector area that they plan to conduct EPA
Are assessor/IQA staff within a centre able to take this qualification?
They should also note that on the successful completion of the qualification to carry out end-point assessments, assessors must be employed or contracted by an approved apprentice assessment organisation and meet any other end-point assessor requirements set out in individual apprenticeship assessment plans.
Who Can Deliver This Qualification?
This qualification can be delivered by training centres that are recognised as Highfield approved centres.
Approved centres should therefore contact their account manager to request approval for this qualification. Assessment material is available in the members’ area of the Highfield website. However, before delivering the qualification, centres must provide Highfield with a proposed delivery plan and examples of any assessment materials that they plan to use in addition to any Highfield assessment material.
For more information on becoming a Highfield approved centre, go to https://centres.highfieldabc.com/Application/Default.aspx
Is This Qualification Recognised?
Yes, the qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF), which is regulated by Ofqual.
Ofqual regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England and reports directly to parliament, making it independent of government.
Highfield Qualifications is recognised by Ofqual, Qualifications Wales and Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) Accreditation.
How Long Will It Take?
The total qualification time (TQT) is 60 hours.
Of this, 24 hours are recommended guided learning hours (GLH). TQT is an estimate of the total number of hours it takes an average learner to achieve and demonstrate the necessary level of attainment to be awarded with a qualification, both under direct supervision (forming GLH) and without supervision (all other time). TQT and GLH values are advisory and assigned to a qualification as guidance.
How Is The Qualification Assessed?
The qualification is assessed by the completion of a portfolio of evidence that must cover all assessment criteria.
Learners will demonstrate assessment skills by making, recording and justifying assessment decisions of work and projects against apprenticeship standards and assessment plans. A requirement of the qualification is that learners must complete assessments covering 3 EPA methods. These can take place in a simulated environment.
What Is The Credit Value?
- This qualification is worth 6 credits.
The cost is: £280
Why Choose Elite for your EPA?
- All staff work full time for Elite and this makes us very responsive and flexible for EPA
- Use of the EduCare Toolkit with over 14 modules for your learners to use as part of their training
- Over 30 years of Industry knowledge in sport, leisure, fitness and education
- All assessors are employed full time by Elite maintaining standardised assessments and giving immediate response to enquiries
- Assessors are experts in their field and highly skilled in assessing apprentices from all walks of life
- Excellent guidance and support for all standards supporting apprentices on programme and at Gateway
- Resources for tutors including Videos, PowerPoints, templates and info graphics etc
- Allocated EPA manager to guide you through the process
- Training and support days as standard (no extra charge)
- We pride ourselves on our response time
- Competitive prices for all End Point Assessments
- You can talk directly to staff that know and understand the standards and the EPA process